Palazzo de la Salle
At the corner of Kingsway (now Republic Street) with St Nicholas Street we come to a very fine house known as the Palazzo De La Salle (Nos 217 – 219 Kingsway). This palace was bought for Sc. 11,700 from Comm. Fra Geronimo Basadonne by the Prior of Barletta, Fra Camillo Albertini, who in 1684 commanded the galley S. Antonio. Prior Albertini died in the Convent on the 28 November 1712, without having disposed of his property, and the house and its dependencies then passed to the Treasury. Grand Master Raymond Perellos Roccafull acquired the premises from the Treasury in 1713, and wishing to show in a practical manner his affection for both the paternal and maternal sides of his family, donated the palace to his nephews the Marquis de Dosaguas, Don Gennaro Perellos and the Count d’ Albatera, Don Guglielmo Roccafull, Grandee of Spain, with the proviso that the Treasury was to allow the enjoyment of the house and its dependencies to those knights, descendants of the Marquis de Dosaguas and of the Count d’ Albatera, who presented themselves in Malta for service with the Order.
Upcoming Events at Palazzo de la Salle
Mon, 29th April, 2019
Tue, 30th April, 2019
Wed, 1st May, 2019