Sant' Agatha Church
The church dedicated to St. Agatha was built in 1504. In 1670 the church was replaced by a larger one on the same site. In 1894 the main altar was restored and the marble statue of St. Agatha was elevated on a high pedestal above the altar. In 1912 and 1913, other work was done to embellish the church amongst which the bell tower on the right hand side of the façade and two lateral rooms which served as a sacristy. The years 1957-61 were the years during which structural alterations were done. Besides restoring the entire side walls of the aisle, two small side chapels were added. In 1957 the chapel dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary was added followed by a smaller one dedicated to St. Paul the Apostle in 1960 to commemorate the 19th Centenary of the Apostle’s Shipwreck on the Island.